Fine Art Storage & Logistics
Our fine art storage facilities provide artists with a secure location for your artwork in a controlled environment, away from the elements. Suitable for temporary and long-term art storage, we have near 20,000 square feet of space to accommodate storing of small paintings & large sculptures, to an entire museum or gallery collection.
Art Work FAS provides a complete range of storage services for art including acquisition, development, construction, and management of storage items for art museums, private artwork collectors and commercial clients. All fine art items that are stored get inventoried, and our company provides real-time information on your artwork during storage. We also offer digital image archiving, supplementary art insurance, and restoration/conservation services—see Support Services for more details.
Fine Art Storage Solutions
- Archival wrapping and packing products to ensure artworks are preserved to art museum standards
- Flexible fine artwork storage options to fit client needs and budget
- Secure loading docks with flexible schedules for delivery of artworks not transported by Art Work FAS
- TSA certified for airport cargo collection
- Digital image archiving:
- Photographing works in storage
- Delivery of images with full right of use to client, insurer, auction houses, or advisors as requested
- Images used when labelling the exterior of crates for long term storage
- Restoration/conservation services
- We have a large network of artwork conservationists with specialties in a wide variety of mediums, and can assist in the identification of the ideal conservator, negotiate fine art transportation to their studio or coordinate restoration on-site at one of our facilities
Climate Control Storage
- Temperature control set to a constant 68° F, with 24-hour monitoring
- Humidity control set to 55% Relative Humidity, with 24-hour monitoring
- Climate-Controlled and Non-Climate Controlled fine art storage available in all three warehouses
- Custom-designed racks for storage of paintings, sculptures and oddly-shaped three-dimensional artworks
Fine Art Safety & Security
Our storage units use the latest and most advanced technology to ensure the safety and security of your collections, including:
- 24/7-hour alarm system monitoring and response by a UL-listed Central Monitoring Station
- Closed-circuit video surveillance
- Smoke detection and fire suppression systems throughout
- Sensors for motion, heat, and smoke detection
- Our proprietary fine art inventory-management system
- Internal facilities management
Fine Art Protection
Every art shipment includes federally mandated limited liability coverage, which pays out at 60 cents per pound. For high-value, one-of-a-kind, original, or highly sentimental artwork, we strongly recommend purchasing supplemental insurance to protect your collection.
We partner with Huntington T. Block and are able to provide custom quotes on protection for items in transit, during installation, or while in storage. Due to the care, we take in all fine art handling, our claims history is one of the best in the industry and qualifies Art Work FAS for ideal pricing, which we are able to pass along to our clients.
For clients insured under their own corporate umbrella, homeowners’ insurance, or fine art policy, we can assist with completion of artwork insurance documentation. This is often a requirement when items are in storage or when moving large or high-value collections, as it allows insurers to more effectively evaluate risk. For museums coordinating loans through multiple lenders, we are often able to minimize protection costs by independently valuing each transport segment under our care.