Our state-of-the-art storage facilities provide you with a secure location for your artwork away from the elements. Suitable for both temporary and long-term storage, we have approximately 20,000 square feet of space to accommodate anything from small paintings to large sculptures to an entire museum collection.
We provide a complete range of art storage solutions including acquisition, development, construction, and management of storage facilities for individual museums, private collectors and commercial clients. All stored items are inventoried, and we provide real-time information on your objects during storage. We also offer digital image archiving, supplementary insurance, and restoration/conservation services—see Support Services for more details.
Our Standard Storage Solutions
- Archival wrapping and packing products to ensure artworks are preserved to museum standards
- Flexible long- and short-term storage options to fit client needs and budget
- Secure loading docks with flexible schedules for delivery of artworks not transported by Art Work FAS
- TSA certified for airport cargo collection
- Digital image archiving:
- Photographing works in storage
- Delivery of images with full right of use to client, insurer, auction houses, or advisors as requested
- Images used when labelling the exterior of crates for long term storage
- Restoration/conservation services
- We have a large network of conservationists with specialties in a wide variety of mediums, and can assist in the identification of the ideal conservator, negotiate transportation to their studio or coordinate restoration on-site at one of our facilities
- Temperature control set to a constant 68° F, with 24-hour monitoring
- Humidity control set to 55% Relative Humidity, with 24-hour monitoring
- Climate-Controlled and Non-Climate Controlled storage available in all three warehouses
- Custom-designed racks for storage of paintings, sculptures and oddly-shaped three-dimensional works
Safety & Security
Our storage units use the latest and most advanced technology to ensure the safety and security of your collections, including:
- 24/7 hour alarm system monitoring and response by a UL-listed Central Monitoring Station
- Closed-circuit video surveillance
- Smoke detection and fire suppression systems throughout
- Sensors for motion, heat, and smoke detection
- Our proprietary inventory-management system
- Internal facilities management
Fine Art Protection
Every art shipment includes federally-mandated limited liability coverage, which pays out at 60 cents per pound. For high-value, one-of-a-kind, original, or highly-sentimental artwork, we strongly recommend purchasing supplemental insurance to protect your collection.
We partner with Huntington T. Block and are able to provide custom quotes on protection for items in transit, during installation, or while in storage. Due to the care we take in all handling, our claims history is one of the best in the industry and qualifies Art Work FAS for ideal pricing, which we are able to pass along to our clients.
For clients insured under their own corporate umbrella, homeowners’ insurance, or fine art policy, we can assist with completion of insurance documentation. This is often a requirement when items are in storage or when moving large or high-value collections, as it allows insurers to more effectively evaluate risk. For museums coordinating loans through multiple lenders, we are often able to minimize protection costs by independently valuing each transport segment under our care.